Rambling Review: Work Sharp Guided Sharpening System
I’ve always struggled to get a hair popping edge on a blade, and I have run through several different sharpening systems. The Work Sharp Guided Sharpening System is the real deal and has taken my edge sharpening to the next level.
What’s included –
- 6” coarse (320 grit) and fine (600 grit) Diamond Sharpening Plates
- 17° and 20° Angle Guides
- Coarse and Fine Ceramic Hone with built-in Angle Guides
- 3 sizes of ceramic rods to sharpen serrations
- Pivot-Response technology
- Removable diamond plate holder for sharpening tools
– 42 year warranty – The Work Sharp Guided Sharpening System comes with a 42 year warranty. Why 42 years? According to Work Sharp “that’s how long we’ve been serving our customers, and we’re looking forward to another 42.”
I have always had trouble getting a good edge on my knives and broadheads, but the Work Sharp Guided Sharpening System is the perfect tool for a novice like myself. One of the most important aspects of the Guided Sharpening System is the fact that it is guided. The 17 and 20 allows for a consistent starting angle for each swipe of the blade.
The one feature that makes the Work Sharp Guided Sharpening System stand out is the Pivot-Response technology. Different blade profiles require different sharpening techniques. With the Pivot-Response System, the stone surface is allowed to rotate down when sharpening a curved blade. The Pivot-Response system is able to be locked out for straight blade sharpening as well.
I usually dread having to sharpen my broadheads and knives, because I spend so much time trying to get it right. The Work Sharp Guided Sharpening System certainly cuts down the learning curve and gives me confidence when putting an edge on a blade. One thing I did find helpful was the The Guided Sharpening System Upgrade Kit which includes:
- Extra-Coarse Diamond Plate (220 Grit)
- Extra-Fine Diamond Plate (800 Grit)
- Leather Stropping Plate
- 25° Stropping Angle Guides (2)
- 0.5 Micron Honing Compound
Perfect for beginner or someone more experienced
Straightforward ease of use
Multiple interchangeable diamond plates and ceramic rods
42 year warranty
Warranty applies to only non-consumable parts – in other words, everything except the abrasives (diamond plates and ceramic rods).
Upgrade Kit not included – This upgrade kit really completes the package
Prognosis: If you’re like me and need a little extra help getting your knives razor sharp, definitely check out the Work Sharp Guided Sharpening System.
The reviews at Arizona Wanderings are my honest opinion. Arizona Wanderings is not sponsored by or associated with any of the stated companies and is accepting no compensation, monetary or otherwise, in exchange for this review. My independent status may change in the future but, as of the date of publication, no relationship other than described above has been pursued or established.